When you only want a portion of the U.S. healthcare provider database, tailored to your use case.
For the specific zip codes or miles-radius from a single zip code, and/or specialties and subspecialties you submit, and even additional criteria such as medical school graduation year, practice group and hospital affiliations, our SelectPlus product delivers provider NPI, contact information, including mailing address/phone/fax and practice address/phone/fax, provider names and AKA names, all reported taxonomy codes and other identifiers for the targeted providers, updated monthly. CarePrecise SelectPlus also incorporates data from other databases to facilitate tightly filtered lists, and offer complex selects and deeper data. For details on the full breadth of data available, see the data description page.
CarePrecise also offers optional historical data on healthcare providers of all types. For example, you can order the history of selected physicians' Medicare sanctions, and NPI number deactivations and reactivations, going back to 2005.
How to get a Count and a Quote
To get a count of the number of records that meet your criteria, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your requirements – specialties, types of providers, geographic area such as zip codes, cities, states, or radius from central point, etc. – as well as the types of information, such as practice group name, hospitals with which a clinician is affiliated, counts of clinicians in the group, etc. (CarePrecise always includes name fields, practice addresses, mailing address, phones, fax numbers, specialties, and other standard data.) You will be notified of your count and price quote via email, usually within one business day. Please indicate whether you would like the quote to include email addresses (priced separately). We will process your first count at no charge. Subsequent counts before order may require a $25 deposit per count, refundable with your order.
NOTE: If you need only a simple list of healthcare providers of a particular taxonomy (specialty/subspecialty or facility type), and for a specific geography (by state, counties, Zip Codes), take a look at the less expensively priced CarePrecise Select custom lists...
Select by these criteria:
- Taxonomy (specialty and facility type codes) click to view available specialties and facility types...
- Zip Code
- State, County, City
- Geographic Radius from your selected Zip Code
- State, County, City
- Rural or urban status of providers' Zip Code
- Wealth/poverty level of providers' immediate service areas, as a percentage of the Federal Poverty Level
- Gender (individuals)
- Enrolled to bill Medicare; include or exclude
- LEIE List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE): The federal database maintained by the HHS Office of Inspector General containing information on providers who have been barred from billing Medicare due to fraud or controlled substance conviction, patient neglect or abuse, and other convictions and delinquencies.Warning (providers barred from billing Medicare); include or exclude
- New providers added since your date
- Number of HIPAA personnel at practice location
- Gender (individuals)
- Multi-state licensed providers
- Hospital affiliation
- Health system
- Hospital bed count range
- Hospital employee count range
- Hospital proceedure volume range
- Practice group affiliation
- Practice group size (number of clinicians)
- Graduation year (example: approximate age for newer physicians)
- Eligibility to bill Medicare (PECOSThe federal database containing information on healthcare providers who are eligible to bill Medicare. enrollment); include or exclude
- Sanctioned providers
- New Providers since a given date
- Rural or Urban status of providers' immediate service areas
- Wealth/poverty level of providers' immediate service areas
Additional selection criteria are available with varying pricing, including independent practitioner status, pharmacy chain vs independent, service area household income, minority population service areas, time zones... call (877) 782-2294 to discuss your need.
Your records can be geocoded with latitude and longitude for each practice address. See more about CarePrecise Select Geocode...
One-time order starts at $580
Additional complexity may cause additional cost, at $80 per processing loop. Call for details.
Per-address geocoding and email addresses are available separately.
Simpler lists cost less; see CarePrecise Select targeted custom lists, starting at $480
1-year quarterly subscription to data updates starts at $1,620
1-year monthly starts at $4,320
Pricing includes data in Microsoft Access relational database format, plus properly cased/genderized Excel flat file as long as records are below Excel's row limit of 1,048,576. Additional charge may apply for custom data or format. Above pricing does not include email addresses, which are priced separately. See the Email Address Pricing page.
NOTE: Alternatively, you can purchase our complete, 6.3 million -record US healthcare provider database for $598 at this link, or get the data the tool we use to produce targeted lists for $799 at this link.
What's in the Excel file?
The standard Excel file contains the following columns. Note that Excel can only view 1,048,576 rows, so files with too many rows will have to be viewed in a different program.
Swipe left to view all...
What's in the Relational Database?
The relational database containes hundreds of potential data points per provider record. In addition to these data points, CarePrecise can offer data included in our Authoritative Physician Database (APD) and Authoritative Hospital Database (AHD).
DELIVERY and DATA FRESHNESS
Most orders can be filled within one business day. Delivery is via a download link sent by email. Master data files are fully updated monthly. September 21, 2020 is the most recent update. Data delivered is subject to availability of provider-reported identifiers in the current release. For information about data accuracy, go here.
- Microsoft Excel® (xlsx) file with the basic data fields (if number of records is within Excel's limitation of 1,048,576 rows)
- Text file for use on Linux, Mac
- Microsoft Access® (.mdb); normalized relational database, plus an application database that links them for use. A free alternative to Microsoft Access is Open Office.
- Comma Separated Values (.csv); normalized relational tables; identical data as in the Microsoft Access format, for use on Linux, Mac
If you need a different file format, we can probably accommodate. Contact email@example.com for assistance.
We can match your provider list of NPI numbers with their full NPPES record, or compile lists of specific specialties in specific zip codes. Call (877) 782-2294 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
CarePrecise data is licensed for use by the purchaser and may not be redistributed. Review the End User License Agreement. Redistribution licensing is also available. Unless a redistribution or multi-user license is obtained separately, the standard End User License Agreement permits the licesee to use the data in any way desired as long as it is within and for the buyer's own organization and is used by only one user at a time (may not be installed on multiple computers for use by multiple simultaneous users). Alternative licensing options are available for uses that involve distribution of the data or use of the data by more than one user and/or for public viewing, and are purchased separately.
Contact CarePrecise Sales at (877) 782-2294, email@example.com